Mobile Networks in Iran
The mobile phone network in Iran covers all major areas of the country, often with Internet access for smartphones, which is widespread among young Iranians. Be careful though with foreign cards, data transfer prices are absurdly prohibitive
The mobile phone network in Iran covers all major areas of the country, often with Internet access for smartphones, which is widespread among young Iranians. Be careful though with foreign cards, data transfer prices are absurdly prohibitive.
The Iranian network is compatible with European phones and cards. There is no problem to call, text and connect to the Internet with your smart phone.
List of Mobile Network operators of Iran
Hamrahe Aval: Mobile Telecommunication Company of Iran commonly abbreviated as MCI and also known under its brand name Hamrahe Aval , is the first and largest mobile operator in Iran. MCI is a subsidiary of the Telecommunication Company of Iran and has approximately 17 million postpaid and 49 million prepaid subscribers. Hamrahe Aval’s service is available in 1,239 cities and over 70,000 kilometers of highway in Iran. It provides roaming services via 271 partner operators in more than 112 countries.In December 2010, 5.5% of the MCI shares were offered on the Iranian over-the-counter market (Farabourse), at a value of $396 million,which was the largest IPO-to-date in the Iranian OTC equity market.In August 2013, the company moved from the OTC to the Tehran Stock Exchange.Market value of the company in April 2014 was $4.3 billion.Currently, 90% of MCI’s shares are owned by the Telecommunication Company of Iran, and the remaining 10% of shares are public at the Tehran Stock Exchange. GSM 900/1800 MHz (GPRS,EDGE)
2100 MHz UMTS, HSDPA HSPA+2600 MHz LTE.
MTN Irancell: Irancell is the second largest mobile phone network operator of Iran. It is 49% owned by the South Africa-based MTN Group.In August 2014, MTN Irancell Officially got the license for 3G and upper generation from Iran’s Communications Regulatory Authority (CRA) and started its network for WCDMA in band 2100.On December 3, 2014, Irancell officially launched Iran’s first 4G LTE network in nine cities.GSM 900/1800 MHz (GPRS,EDGE),2100 MHz ,SPA HSPA+2300/1800 MHz LTE,WiMAX.
RighTel: RighTel is the third largest mobile phone network operator of Iran . RighTel is the first 3G mobile operator in Iran, providing 3.75G mobile telecommunication services to individuals and businesses. Established by the Social Security Organization’s body of investing, RighTel was made public in late 2011, and started its expansion and launching of services in 2012. RighTel has covered all province centers and many large cities, exceeding the milestones set by the Communications Regulatory Authority of Iran. RighTel was bought by EN Group and the Eghtesad Family is 2013, the management however did not alter. The company was then listed under EN Group of companies.With its 3G capability, RighTel not only provides traditional services such as voice communication, SMS and MMS, but also video calls that enrich the caller experience. RighTel’s mobile broadband offering lets users surf the Internet anywhere, at high-speed access, even while driving. 3G transforms the realm of value-added-services (VAS) by complementing with multimedia content and richer user experience.900/2100 MHz HSPA
HSPA+ 1800 MHz LTE.
Post a Comment
You have to login to comment.